Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A What Clocked Me?

     Last Thursday afternoon I was headed back to Albany for a surprise visit to Reed's football game and see Rachel when to my own surprise I was pulled over on I-75. As soon as I saw those all too familiar blue lights in my rear view mirror I was needless to say frustrated. (To give you a little perspective of my luck: My dad has been pulled over more times than I can remember and always gets a "Be more careful next time, have a great day Mr. McLeod" from the officer while I have received a ticket EVERY SINGLE TIME I have been pulled over!) 

     "License, registration, and your paper work on your car," came from the officer. Since when did they start asking for your cars papers? Do they look your car up on accidentreport.com now? I mean really? But I digress. :) So let me also point out that there was no dialogue at all from the officer, not a do you know how fast you where going? or how are you today? or maybe even a good to see you? I dunno, maybe I just expect too much from someone that I have paid their yearly salary with passing through three tolls a day (yes I know I really haven't their whole salary but I'm trying to make a point - stay with me). 

      So anyways it was in the part of 75 where the trees split the two sides apart and the cops hide in those stinking trees. The officer told me that the chopper clocked me at 82mph in a 70. A what clocked me? A helicopter, yes a helicopter clocked me, me and three other cars "drafting" with me. There is a new system where the helicopter goes up and down 75 starting a stopwatch once a cars tires hit a line and stop it one they hit the next line and so the distance in a certain amount of time is divided and whatever to figure out your speed, then it's sent to the nearest policeman's GPS system where they stay on the radio with the chopper giving the speeding deviant's exact position and find the "rule breaker" and pound a good ole' fine and a slap on the hand. So there where three of us moving with traffic together and three cop cars came out of the woods like wild banshies and got all of us. Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Social Deviant 
Ben McLeod
 

No comments: